Monday, June 19, 2006

Breaking News: Ann Coulter's An Idiot


"These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by grieferazzis. I have never seen people enjoying their husband's deaths so much"

Ann Coulter
on the widows of September 11, 2001
from her new book
"Godless: The Church of Liberalism"

I have a confession to make: I read Ann Coulter's book, "Treason". That's one of my little personality quirks. I actually read and listen to the far-right and their "little right lies". I try to devote at least an hour a day to some of the more celebrated neanderthals of Hate Radio. It's one of my guilty pleasures. By doing so, I think I'm able to comment intelligently on them (if such a thing is even possible).

A very Republican friend of mine had the book and I asked him if I could borrow it. I'll have to admit, it's a very easy read - but that's not necessarily a compliment. Let us be frank here: Anything written by Ann Coulter isn't going to be riddled with complexities, if you know what I mean. I read the book in a few hours and had it back to him by break of twilight.

Here's my challenge: Don't go out and waste your hard earned money on it - Trust me, you'll never regret not having done so. But if you happen to be at your local library and they have it on their shelves, have a look at it. Don't take it home - particularly if you have young children about the house. Just take it off of the shelf, go to a nice, quiet corner and sit down with it for an hour or so.

Here's a little game you can play with "Treason" (or anything else she ever wrote, I imagine). Pick out a page at random - any page at all - and I'll wager you any amount you'd like that you won't be able to find a single page that does not contain at least one error of fact (or "lie", if you want to get technical). Some pages are, quite literally, drenched in lies! But at a bare minimum you'll be able to spot one total distortion on every page in the book. It's a neat game and loads of fun to play!

On second thought, if you should come across a copy of it in a thrift shop or at a garage sale somewhere, then by all means buy it. In fact, I insist on it. That way, you'll be able to spare some poor, half-witted bastard the embarrassment of purchasing it and taking the damned thing seriously. You'll really be doing your community a great service. Ann won't be able to receive an additional royalty so there's no moral dilemma involved. And consider this juicy possibility: When you get bored with the book, you'll have the extra added satisfaction of burning it! What could be more fun than that???

Now let me explain to you how Ann operates and her genius for taking things out of context. If, when she wakes up this morning, she does a google search of her name and happens to come across the previous paragraph, she'll go on Hannity and Colmes tonight and she'll scream, "The liberals advocate book burning! Tom Degan even urged people to buy my books just so they can burn them! You see, Sean? They're as bad as the Nazis!!!

Now do you understand? That's how Ann Coulter lies, manipulates and distorts the truth. When she was out on the road promoting "Treason", she actually went on the Hardball program with Chris Matthews and implied that Harry S Truman, of all people, was guilty of treason. I mean, HARRY FREAKING TRUMAN! Not only is the woman dumber than dog shit, she's nuts!

On that particular appearance, Matthews went over her book, point by ridiculous point, exposing the falsehoods and distortions within, much to her obvious discomfort. "The truth doesn't mean a thing to you, Ann", he said. She has not been on Hardball since. Gee, I wonder why?

Tom Degan
Goshen, NY

tomdegan@frontiernet.net

FOR THE RECORD: A few nights after this post was published, Ann Coulter did, in fact, appear on Hardball.

For more recent postings on this site, please go to the link below:

"The Rant" by Tom Degan

Disgusting, liberal propaganda. Enjoy!

8 Comments:

At 6:51 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

I'm tired of seeing mean people exalted in this country.
What has this woman done to deserve this much attention?
I'm afraid that my gorge rises whenever I see her meanspirited, nasty books. As I recall the first George Bush was always mewing the word 'librul, librul, LIBRUL' like that's a BAD thing.
Karl Kraus was right. A culture decays when its language is perverted.
There is nothing wrong with being a liberal. There is a lot wrong with people who believe Ann Coulter and her friends.

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger Tom Degan said...

You make a great point, Nancy! The dems aren't going anywhere until they stop running from their liberal roots. That's why my main man for 2008 is Russ Feingold. Don'cha miss Paul Wellstone?
Tom Degan

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger Chicago Sheri said...

my husband usually listens to more far right radio shows than left.
I cant stand listening to it, i dont have the patience and I get all riled up.
he can listen to it with a level head and wants to know what the other side is saying

 
At 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thank the Higher Power of my choice that I live on the other side of the Atlantic and therefore am not bombarded with the lies and crappola that this woman spouts. She is an embarrassment to women everywhere.

Keep up the good work Tom. I like your new profile photo by the way. (grin)

Ann

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

The democrats are not going to do a thing, Tom. They have buried their working-class past. I'll only believe they are serious about change when they dump the dlc and work with the unions again. Am I looking backward? Fine, I'll tell anyone who will listen that things were a lot better 25 years ago when I had a union job with a 40 hour week and full health and retirement benefits. Unfortunately the american voting public have a remarkable ability to vote against their own best interests. Just yell the latest buzzword, whether it be communist terrorist abortion or gay marriage and lots and lots of people will cheerfully sell their hard won worker's rights for a mess of pottage (or worse in the case of the current mob)

 
At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you think part of Coulter's problem is she's hungry? She's scrawnier each time time I see her on television.
You just want to say "Have a sandwich, Ann, or some soup. How about a steak? An orange or an apple? Just eat."
Did anyone happen to see her on Phil Donahue, when he was briefly on MSNBC? He pointed out errors in whatever book she was peddling, and she actually started to tear up, and said he was being unfair.
Typical bully - she can dish it out, but she can't take it.

Mary Eman

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger MJW said...

Tom, to read a book like that, you have a lot more strength and patience than I do. Besides, my ESP seems to be working overtime these days. I can just intuit what these propaganda clowns (I want to use bad words here, but I am forcing myself to remain civil) are saying without even reading a word they write. Or maybe I'm actually hearing a syllable or two from their mouths whenever I surf past the RNC News Channels (CNN, FOX, MSNBC) at the speed of light. Eventually, enough of those syllables have accumulate in my brain (like food in my appendix) that I can sense what they are all about.

Nancy, outsourcing has (intentionally) put unions on the endangered-species list. If anyone were to try to form a union these days in the few remaining U.S. plants/factories, the corporate CEOs would move their operations overseas in a heartbeat. Most of these remaining corporations are probably already planning it anyway.

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger stoney13 said...

Ann Coulter's an idiot? Damn Tom! What have you got against idiots? Ann Coulter is a hate filled bitch (There! I said it! I don't apologize for it! If ever a woman fit the definition of a bitch, it's Ann Coulter!)

Like the current administration, the truth is an inconvenience which must be shouted down with Right-wing buzzwords and platitudes! Honesty, compasion, and fair play are concepts as foriegn to her as the spelling of potato is to Dan Quale!

The very fact that she and her cronies drug out one of the most vile and devicive issues known to America at the last Senate hearing (when they knew there were far more pressing issues to be addressed), only proves they don't give a rat's ass about anything but their cushy jobs and staying in power!

Bush is scared shitless and he damned well better be! I've never in all my studies of American Presidents seen one who is closer to doing hard time, or one more richly deserving! (I'm not any thing like a clothing expert, but I think flourecent orange is his color!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home